New Zealand thrash Ireland 60-0 to claim series sweep
Saturday 23 June 2012
New Zealand posted a record-breaking 60-0 thrashing of Ireland in their third and final test match at Waikato Stadium this morning to complete a series sweep.
The All Blacks, who squeezed past the Irish with a last-gasp Dan Carter drop goal in Christchurch last week, scored nine tries including two each to Sam Cane and Sonny Bill Williams, and raced to a 29-0 lead at halftime.
Ben Smith, Hosea Gear, Israel Dagg, Liam Messam and Adam Thomson all also scored as the world champions recorded their largest winning margin against Ireland.
The previous largest margin was 53 points when the All Blacks won 59-6 in 1992. Today's win was the third time in their 27 tests that the All Blacks have held Ireland scoreless.
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers