Sam Warburton and Jonathan Davies can 'inspire Welsh new boys'
Monday 03 June 2013
The Wales caretaker coach, Robin McBryde, believes his inexperienced side should be inspired by the success of British Lions pair Sam Warburton and Jonathan Davies. Wales included 10 uncapped players for their tour of Japan, which starts in Osaka on Saturday.
"We have highlighted three individuals [including hooker Richard Hibbard] who were given a similar opportunity four years ago in North America and are now on the Lions tour. So this could be the first step on the ladder for many of this squad," McBryde said.
Scotland's assistant coach Duncan Hodge is taking little notice of Samoa's 74-14 defeat by South African team Golden Lions on Saturday. Scotland face Samoa in Durban this Saturday. "They have got anywhere between nine and 12 players still to arrive, so it will be a huge task," Hodge said.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
2014 World Cup draw: Roy Hodgson raises possibility of England switching base away from Rio de Janeiro
Liverpool 5 Norwich 1: Brendan Rodgers takes a swipe at Arsenal by claiming Luis Suarez is now worth '£40m and two pounds'
Transfer news: Manchester United's ambitious transfer plans at risk from possible failure to qualify for Champions League
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen