Six Nations: Jonathan Sexton will miss Ireland's game against Scotland
Sexton suffered a torn hamstring during the game against England
Ireland, stared down by England in front of their own supporters last weekend, will be without Jonathan Sexton, their influential outside-half, and the lock Mike McCarthy when they face Scotland at Murrayfield a week on Sunday.
Sexton suffered a torn hamstring during the game while McCarthy picked up a knee injury. The wing Simon Zebo, who broke a bone in his foot early in the contest, will also be missing, as will the suspended prop Cian Healy, who is still waiting to find out if his three-week ban for stamping on Dan Cole will prevent him playing provincial rugby for Leinster on Saturday.
- 1 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 2 Twitter’s American Airlines ‘terror threat’ 14-year-old girl arrested by police in Rotterdam
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 Man on a leash in Farringdon, London: Mystery of 'walkies' solved
- 5 World’s first cannabis vending machine unveiled in Colorado
David Cameron: 'Jesus invented the Big Society – I'm just continuing God's work'
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Ukip and Nigel Farage on the up over Maria Miller furore and 'Sexminster' culture
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave