Vern Cotter to grasp Scottish thistle as head coach
Monday 27 May 2013
New Zealander Vern Cotter has been confirmed as the next head coach of Scotland – but will not take charge until next summer.
The 51-year-old will take up his role in June 2014, when his contract at Clermont Auvergne expires. Cotter will assist temporary coach Scott Johnson during the November internationals and next year's Six Nations.
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc