Wales will recapture their attacking flair, says coach

Wales's lack of tries at the autumn internationals will be addressed by the time they face Ireland on Saturday, according to the attack coach, Mark Jones. Last year's Six Nations Grand Slam winners managed just three tries in four Tests, losing every one, against Argentina, Samoa, New Zealand and Australia.

Jones admits Wales under-performed in the autumn, but pointed to the fact that on the summer tour to Australia they played eye-catching, if not winning, rugby

Jones said: "There was no doubt the boys wouldn't have attacked as they would have liked in the autumn, but previous to that Wales had played some great rugby.

"It is definitely something that [interim head coach] Rob Howley is keen to return to, that attacking brand of rugby where we are challenging defences all the time. We have got some great options to be able to do that."

Howley will name his starting line-up for the Ireland game tomorrow. Eli Walker, the winger, is a doubt after suffering a hamstring injury while playing for the Ospreys.

Meanwhile the winger Alex Cuthbert has hit back at claims from ex-Scotland and Lions coach Jim Telfer that Welsh players are lazy. He said: "I've worked my a*** off since coming into professional rugby."