Brian O'Driscoll: Records and statistics for the iconic Irish centre
After a 15 year international career, O'Driscoll calls time after game against France
Thursday 13 March 2014
Ireland's iconic centre Brian O'Driscoll retires this summer after 15 years in the international arena and 141 Test appearances.
The 35-year-old made his international debut in Ireland's 46-10 defeat to Australia in Brisbane on June 12, 1999 and his final game will be the Six Nations match in Paris against France this weekend.
Here, we take a look at O'Driscoll's records and career statistics...
Appearances (final match versus France in Paris not included): 131 starts, 1 replacement.
Yellow cards: 2.
BRITISH LIONS STATS...
Appearances: 8 starts.
A banner celebrates Ireland's Brian O'Driscoll
* Brian O'Driscoll will increase the world record for Test appearances to 141 in his final Ireland match against France. The 35-year-old has eight British and Irish Lions caps to add to his soon-to-be 133 Ireland turns.
* O'Driscoll's 46 international tries is an Ireland record.
* The Leinster stalwart is the Six Nations' leading all-time try-scorer with 26.
* O'Driscoll will bring his record Five/Six Nations appearance tally to a final total of 65 in Paris.
* O'Driscoll has captained Ireland more than any other player, 83 times between November 2002 and June 2012.
* O'Driscoll and Gordon D'Arcy will extend their world-record centre partnership to 56 caps against France.
* Ireland claimed four Triple Crowns under O'Driscoll's stewardship, in 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2009, with 2009 also yielding the Grand Slam.
* O'Driscoll's eight personal victories over England leaves him level with Mike Gibson's Ireland record.
Kevin Garside: Manchester United may have history and tradition but, as David Moyes never realised, a big-time manager always bends such things to his will
F1 Hungarian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton disobeys orders and closes gap to Nico Rosberg in title race
Manchester United latest: Juan Mata emerges as Louis van Gaal's favoured No 10 as prospect of signing Angel Di Maria fails to improve
Arsenal: Arrival of Calum Chambers and David Ospina puts Arsène Wenger's spending past £50m
Tour de France 2014: Vincenzo Nibali confirmed as champion as he puts Italy back on the map with triumph
- 1 Secret Cinema interview: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia