Brian O'Driscoll: Records and statistics for the iconic Irish centre
After a 15 year international career, O'Driscoll calls time after game against France
Thursday 13 March 2014
Ireland's iconic centre Brian O'Driscoll retires this summer after 15 years in the international arena and 141 Test appearances.
The 35-year-old made his international debut in Ireland's 46-10 defeat to Australia in Brisbane on June 12, 1999 and his final game will be the Six Nations match in Paris against France this weekend.
Here, we take a look at O'Driscoll's records and career statistics...
Appearances (final match versus France in Paris not included): 131 starts, 1 replacement.
Yellow cards: 2.
BRITISH LIONS STATS...
Appearances: 8 starts.
A banner celebrates Ireland's Brian O'Driscoll
* Brian O'Driscoll will increase the world record for Test appearances to 141 in his final Ireland match against France. The 35-year-old has eight British and Irish Lions caps to add to his soon-to-be 133 Ireland turns.
* O'Driscoll's 46 international tries is an Ireland record.
* The Leinster stalwart is the Six Nations' leading all-time try-scorer with 26.
* O'Driscoll will bring his record Five/Six Nations appearance tally to a final total of 65 in Paris.
* O'Driscoll has captained Ireland more than any other player, 83 times between November 2002 and June 2012.
* O'Driscoll and Gordon D'Arcy will extend their world-record centre partnership to 56 caps against France.
* Ireland claimed four Triple Crowns under O'Driscoll's stewardship, in 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2009, with 2009 also yielding the Grand Slam.
* O'Driscoll's eight personal victories over England leaves him level with Mike Gibson's Ireland record.
Andy Murray tells how coach Amélie Mauresmo revealed her pregnancy
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: The biggest fight of all time, or maybe just the most lucrative?
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
Everton 3 Manchester United 0 player ratings: Who scored lower - Marouane Fellaini or Radamel Falcao?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove