Brian O'Driscoll: Records and statistics for the iconic Irish centre
After a 15 year international career, O'Driscoll calls time after game against France
Thursday 13 March 2014
Ireland's iconic centre Brian O'Driscoll retires this summer after 15 years in the international arena and 141 Test appearances.
The 35-year-old made his international debut in Ireland's 46-10 defeat to Australia in Brisbane on June 12, 1999 and his final game will be the Six Nations match in Paris against France this weekend.
Here, we take a look at O'Driscoll's records and career statistics...
Appearances (final match versus France in Paris not included): 131 starts, 1 replacement.
Yellow cards: 2.
BRITISH LIONS STATS...
Appearances: 8 starts.
A banner celebrates Ireland's Brian O'Driscoll
* Brian O'Driscoll will increase the world record for Test appearances to 141 in his final Ireland match against France. The 35-year-old has eight British and Irish Lions caps to add to his soon-to-be 133 Ireland turns.
* O'Driscoll's 46 international tries is an Ireland record.
* The Leinster stalwart is the Six Nations' leading all-time try-scorer with 26.
* O'Driscoll will bring his record Five/Six Nations appearance tally to a final total of 65 in Paris.
* O'Driscoll has captained Ireland more than any other player, 83 times between November 2002 and June 2012.
* O'Driscoll and Gordon D'Arcy will extend their world-record centre partnership to 56 caps against France.
* Ireland claimed four Triple Crowns under O'Driscoll's stewardship, in 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2009, with 2009 also yielding the Grand Slam.
* O'Driscoll's eight personal victories over England leaves him level with Mike Gibson's Ireland record.
Arsenal transfer news: Karim Benzema, Edinson Cavani and Gregorz Krychowiak were all linked but Wenger and Gunners fail on deadline day
Arsenal transfer news: Gunners fans devastated as they become only team in top 5 European leagues not to sign outfield player
David De Gea: Manchester United in bitter war of words with Real Madrid over failed transfer
David De Gea, Peter Odemwingie and the 18 weirdest transfer deadline day stories
Anthony Martial fee: 'Add-on' includes Manchester United signing winning the Ballon d'Or
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 4 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 5 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up