Nominees for the Aviva Premiership Player of the Season
Thursday 28 April 2011
Northampton and England winger Chris Ashton leads the nominations for the Aviva Premiership's Player of the Season.
The current holder of the award starred for England in their successful Six Nations campaign, and has again been in rampant form for Northampton, scoring nine tries so far this season.
Ashton is joined on the five man shortlist by his Saints team-mate Tom Wood, who also featured prominently for England in the Six Nations.
Also nominated are South African pair Schalk Brits of Saracens and Brian Mujati, bringing the total number of Saints players to three.
Current league leaders Leicester Tigers are represented by number eight Thomas Waldron, who completes the shortlist of five.
As well as the Premiership Player of the Season, there will also be awards for the Land Rover Discovery of the Season and the QBE Director of Rugby of the Season. A full list of nominees for all the awards can be found by clicking here .
Sheffield United vs Tottenham match report: Christian Eriksen breaks hearts after Che Adams had brought Blades back from the brink
Gabriel Paulista: Talented Brazilian could grow into world-class defender at Arsenal
Australian Open 2015: Serena Williams vs Madison Keys match preview
Tottenham player ratings: Christian Eriksen? Harry Kane? Who was the star man at Bramall Lane?
Andy Murray vs Tomas Berydch: Murray cool over reunion with coach Dani Vallverdu at the Australian Open
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures