Rugby's dressing room pranks
Friday 30 January 2009
Even before players go into battle for 80 minutes, they have to train together, travel to away games together and live together on tour. In short, professional players spend a lot of time together.
Take a squad of 22 men, mix in some mischief and add a healthy dose of boredom and you have a recipe for disaster. Or, at least, a recipe for high jinks and some brutal dressing room wind-ups.
www.internationalrugbynews.co.uk has collated a list of the best wind-ups players have witnessed during their careers.
Many have told tales that will make your stomachs turn, while others have preferred not to reveal the victims’ names, indicating there is still some honour among the professional rugby-playing fraternity.
IRN allowed the players themselves to reveal the gory details.
Click on the right to open our guide.
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
Tunisia beach attack: How can British Muslims respond to the latest outrages?