Scotland ring the changes
Monday 29 May 1995
Scott Hastings and Ian Jardine are restored at centre in place of Tony Stanger and Graham Shiel; scrum-half Derrick Patterson wins his second cap at the expense of Bryan Redpath - who was an ever-present during the Five Nations' Championship - while, as expected, David Hilton, Kenny Milne, Damian Cronin, Iain Morrison and Eric Peters are drafted back into the pack.
SCOTLAND (v Tonga, Pretoria, tomorrow): G Hastings (Watsonians, capt); C Joyner (Melrose), S Hastings (Watsonians), I Jardine (Stirling County), K Logan (Stirling County); C Chalmers (Melrose), D Patterson (West Hartlepool); D Hilton (Bath), K Milne (Heriots), P Wright (Boroughmuir), D Cronin (Bourges), D Weir, (Melrose), R Wainwright (West Hartlepool), E Peters (Bath), I Morrison (London Scottish). Replacements: C Glasgow (Heriots), G Shiel (Melrose), B Redpath (Melrose), J Richardson (Edinburgh Academicals), P Burnell (London Scottish), K McKenzie (Stirling County).
Latest in Sport
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...