Sport in Short: Football
Wednesday 15 July 1992
BARNET'S players have given the club until tomorrow to pay their wages. On Monday, 20 of the players put in a communal transfer request after discovering that they had been underpaid.
REAL MADRID have signed the Chilean striker Ivan Zamorano from Seville on a four-year contract in a pounds 2.6m deal.
JOHN ROBERTSON, the Scotland striker, has signed a new three-year contract with Heart of Midlothian.
BURNLEY, the Fourth Division champions, have signed the Maidstone full-back Les Thompson on a free transfer.
TED FENTON, the 77-year-old former West Ham manager, died on Saturday from injuries sustained in a road accident on 4 July.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
Latest in Sport
Sam Wallace: David Moyes is paying the price of United’s virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Arsenal 1 Everton 1 match report: Gerard Deulofeu provides late sucker punch after Mesut Ozil's opener
I will not be forced into panic buys at Manchester United, says David Moyes
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Java Developer...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Java De...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server MI Developer needed for Euro...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Oracle Developer PL/SQL, MYSQL, UNIX, ...