Sporting Digest: Football
Monday 29 December 1997
Liverpool have been cut to 6-1 second favourites for the Premiership title by the bookmakers William Hill after their 2-1 victory at Newcastle yesterday. Manchester United, beaten 3-2 at Coventry, have been eased to 1-5, then they bet 8-1 Chelsea, 16-1 Arsenal.
A mysterious rap singing the praises of Nigel Farage's party has appeared on YouTube
NFL fans were so loud during a match that their celebrations registered as a minor earthquake
Tyre firm aimed to show how their tyres would perform in ‘unexpected’ conditions
Latest in Sport
Arsenal v Hull: Arsene Wenger ignores the sceptics and tells Gunners to seize Premier League title chance
Jose Mourinho believes Manchester City, not Arsenal, offer greatest challenge to Chelsea title hopes
Premier League: Arsenal beware - this is the tightest season in 11 years
Manchester United v Everton: David Moyes keeps lid on emotions ahead of Everton's visit to Old Trafford
Arsenal v Hull: Bacary Sagna ruled out with hamstring injury while Arsene Wenger denies Alvaro Morata agreement
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: VB ASP.NET SQL Develo...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: The role will suit a fund product specialist, current...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits : Harrington Starr: An award wi...
£25000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Marketing Officer Morgan Hunt is currently wor...