Sporting Digest: Snooker
Thursday 11 November 1999
BENSON & HEDGES CHAMPIONSHIP (Malvern) Semi-final: S Bedford (Eng) bt G Ponting (Eng) 6-4. Final: A Carter (Eng) bt S Bedford 9-4.
IBSF WORLD AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP (Port Moresby, PNG): Group A: M Wieberg (Swe) bt S Kumar (Fiji) 4-0; G Baker (PNG) bt K Leo (PNG) 4-3; D Lilley (Eng) bt C Wei Ku (Taiw) 4-1. Group B: C Kwok Ming (HK) bt J Lum (Fiji) 4-0. Group C: D Carre (Fr) bt R Ng (PNG) 4-2; P Weiguo (HK) bt L Simmonds (Eng) 4-2. Group D: D Lin (Chin) bt M Street (Eng) 4-1; T Wong (HK) bt G Moss (PNG) 4-0. Group E: C Konaris (Cyp) bt A Bade (PNG) 4-1; C Lim (Sing) bt N Samarawickram (S Lanka) 4-1; T Thien (Malay) bt A Simoi (PNG) 4-1. Group F: C Kieong (Macao) bt P Fong (PNG) 4-1; J Canny (Irl) bt P Fong (PNG) 4-1. Group G: S Dhellemme (Fr) bt H Lahari (PNG) 4-0; T Gleeson (Rep Ire) bt V Toka (PNG) 4-0; T Gleeson (Irl) bt W Talaat (Eg) 4-2. Group H: S O'Neill (N Ire) bt J Virtanen (Fin) 4-3; C Ming Hung (Taiw) bt C Schulz (PNG) 4-0; A Shandilya (India) bt R Goggins (Irl) 4-3.
sportBayern Munich 2 Manchester City 3: City come from two down to beat reigning European Champions
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
Latest in Sport
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
£22000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Junior/Grad C# .NET Wi...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer (VB6,.NET, SQL, Winforms) Wokin...
£35999 - £44001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top Tier practi...
£41000 - £46000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Academically Exce...