Andy Murray was unable to prevent his run of Australian Open final defeats stretching to five as world No 1 and defending champion Novak Djokovic beat him in straight sets at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. Follow the latest reaction here.
- Novak Djokovic defeats Andy Murray 6-1, 7-5, 7-6 to win a sixth Australian Open title
- Murray broken twice in opening set as Djokovic made a rapid start
- Murray and Djokovic exchange breaks of serve in second set before Serb made crucial second break
- Third set went to tie-break but two double-faults cost Murray dear
- Murray to return home immediately for birth of his first child with wife Kim Sears
- Djokovic matches Roy Emerson as only sixt-time winners of Australian Open
- Serbian also joins Bjorn Borg and Rod Laver on 11 Grand Slam victories
Follow the live action below...
Please allow a moment for the blog to load...
Murray’s path to the final:
First round: Beat Alexander Zverev 6-1, 6-2, 6-3.
Second round: Beat Sam Groth 6-0, 6-4, 6-1.
Third round: Beat Joao Sousa 6-2, 3-6, 6-2, 6-2.
Fourth round: Beat Bernard Tomic 6-4, 6-4, 7-6.
Quarter-final: Beat David Ferrer 6-3, 6-7, 6-2, 6-3.
Semi-final: Beat Milos Raonic 4-6, 7-5, 6-7, 6-4, 6-2Reuse content