Cirstea and Rodionva ease through
Monday 06 February 2012
Sorana Cirstea and Anastasia Rodionova both booked their places in the second round of the PTT Pattaya Open today.
Romanian Cirstea saw off Erika Sema 6-2 6-2, while Rodionova conceded the same number of games in a 6-4 6-0 win over Iryna Bremond.
Elsewhere, there were qualifying wins for Kai-Chen Chang, Su-Wei Hsieh, Yi-Miao Zhou and Varatchaya Wongteanchai.
Great Britain's Emily Webley-Smith bowed out of the doubles as she and Wen-Hsin Hsu lost to Shiho Akita and Nicole Rottmann 3-6 6-2 11-9.
Chelsea players allowed 20 minutes to celebrate, says Jose Mourinho after Capital One Cup victory
Liverpool vs Manchester City match report: Stunners from Philippe Coutinho and Jordan Henderson sink Manuel Pellegrini's side
Arsenal 2 Everton 0 player ratings: Who scored highest at the Emirates?
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
Chelsea vs Tottenham - Capital One Cup final match report: Captain John Terry inspires Blues triumph at Wembley Stadium
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how Corporation is funded
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'