Federer lifts fourth Indian Wells title
Write off Roger Federer at your peril. Four months after ending one of the longest title droughts of his career, the former world No 1 last night claimed his sixth tournament in his last eight appearances when he won the Indian Wells Masters. Federer beat John Isner, of the United States, 7-6, 6-3 to win the Californian title for a record fourth time.
Twenty-four hours after sweeping aside Rafael Nadal in the semi-finals, Federer earned revenge for his stunning Davis Cup defeat by Isner in Switzerland last month.
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts