I will improve, Serena Williams warns her opponents
Monday 21 October 2013
Serena Williams has warned her opponents at this week’s WTA season-ending championships in Istanbul that she can still improve.
Williams has been on a remarkable run since winning Wimbledon last year, collecting 15 singles titles – including four grand slams and an Olympic gold medal – and losing only five matches.
“It’s definitely one of the best years I have had,” the world No 1 said. and I’m still looking to improve. I’m so excited for next year when I can take my game to a new level.”
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Big Bang Theory to get special Star Wars episode with help from Lucasfilm
- 3 Pharrell Williams 'Happy': British Muslims dance to song in video
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back