Keothavong well beaten at Luxembourg Open
Friday 19 October 2012
The British No 3 Anne Keothavong suffered a heavy second-round defeat by Roberta Vinci in the Luxembourg Open yesterday.
Keothavong, who had ended a nine-match losing streak with a first-round win, had no answer as the Italian clinically wrapped up a 6-4, 6-1 win in just over an hour and set up a match with either Venus Williams or the ninth seed, Mona Barthel.
The men's British No 1 Andy Murray, will play in an exhibition tournament in Miami in December as part of his preparations for next season.
Murray will play either the Spaniard Juan Carlos Ferrero or the American John Isner in the semi-finals on 1 December, before a possible final against Andy Roddick, who recently retired from professional tennis at the US Open, the following day.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'