Kyle Edmund and Jonny Marray added to Davis Cup squad
Sunday 08 September 2013
Leon Smith, Britain’s Davis Cup captain, has called up Jonny Marray and Kyle Edmund for his party travelling to Croatia for next weekend’s World Group play-off in Umag.
Smith named a four-man team last week with only one doubles specialist, Colin Fleming, but can change the line-up before Thursday’s draw. Marray, who has been Fleming’s regular partner this year, could replace James Ward or Dan Evans, who are in contention for the second singles spot after Andy Murray. Edmund, who reached No 337 in the world rankings at the age of 18, is included as a hitting partner and to gain experience. Paul Newman
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke