* I'm just glad I didn't have to play him on clay because I would have no chance.
Andy Roddick after beating Rafael Nadal.
* He plays with a bit of reckless abandon - sometimes you have to applaud his good shots and try to play some of your own.
Roddick on his next opponent, Paradorn Srich-aphan.
* Where I'll have the biggest impact for British tennis is if I keep winning - and hopefully win this tournament one day.
Tim Henman on promoting British tennis.
* We're getting, you know, a new generation Wimbledon with sleeveless shirts and, you know, taping a movie down in Centre Court. But it's still Wimbledon, so [it's not] that noisy.
James Blake on the Wimbledon atmosphere.
* Sometimes everything goes your way.
Venus Williams after beating Nadia Petrova.
* I am just pleased to be around.
Lyndsay Davenport, 27.
* It's been an unbelievable experience for me to play on Centre Court against the No. 1 player and to win. I'm happy.
Ivo Karlovic, conqueror of Lleyton Hewitt, after losing to Max Mirnyi.
* I'd like to know what happens to the money that the LTA put into tennis. It makes no sense. They've been getting a whole bunch of money every year for a long time and it's produced nothing, really.