* There are a lot of players I don't even know coming through. So I have to get familiar with them all and even learn how to pronounce some of their names.
Venus Williams on the new generation of Russian players.
* The things you thought you wanted, you don't. It's just material stuff that doesn't make you any happier. You have your third operation, your ranking goes down and those people you thought were your friends are no longer around.
Mark Philippoussis, after three operations in 14 months.
* I'm done growing. I'll take the game I have.
Olivier Rochus, at 5ft 5in the smallest player on the circuit.
* It's a great opportunity to see an all-Williams final. I don't know who will win because I'll be on a plane going home.
Richard Williams, father of Serena and Venus.
* I thought she looked great today.
Matthew Perry, Friends actor, after watching Jennifer Capriati's win over Anastasia Myskina.
* I am a fighter. Others give up but I don't. I just dig deeper.
* I still now can't explain what happened. I don't know how I won today. I have to try and take this lucky, lucky match today and get rid of this and then be ready for the quarters.
Roger Federer, after overcoming back spasms to beat the Spaniard Feliciano Lopez.