Radek Stepanek win retains Davis Cup for Czechs
Monday 18 November 2013
The Czech Republic retained the Davis Cup title by beating Serbia 3-2 in the final after Radek Stepanek swept past Dusan Lajovic in the decisive singles match.
The Czech veteran beat the world No 117 6-3, 6-1, 6-1, converting his first match point with a volley to delight a thousand Czech fans at Belgrade Arena. Lajovic was a late replacement for the injured Janko Tipsarevic.
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts