Roddick confirmed for World Tour Finals place
Tuesday 20 October 2009
Andy Roddick has secured his place at the ATP World Tour Finals in London next month.
Despite being forced out of the Shanghai ATP Masters 100 last week due to a knee injury, the American has won enough points to guarantee his spot at the 02 Arena.
Roddick becomes the sixth singles qualifier for the season's climax - held from November 22-29 - after retiring in his second-round clash with Stanislas Wawrinka in China.
And he is now relishing a return to London.
"The reaction I received from fans after the Wimbledon final was something I will never forget," he said.
"I've always had great support in London and I'm looking forward to being back there in November. I'm sure it will be a fantastic event."
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke