Thursday 31 January 2013
Important questions for budding self-starters to ask themselves, suggested by Dr Malcolm Parry, director of the Surrey Research Park at the University of Surrey.
• Where does your unique expertise lie? What are your skills?
• What initial tests and research have you done?
• What is the problem that this technology/product/service solves?
• Why does it solve the problem better than other options already on the market?
• What is the compelling need for this solution?
• Who are your customers, how many of them are there and how will you reach them?
• What is the proposed price (how have you decided this), and can your technology/product/service actually make money?
• Does the business idea offer a long-term advantage that will stand the test of time and other changes in the market?
“Have a go!” says Parry. “Think of an idea that solves a personal or business problem and test it against the kind of questions that investors will ask.”
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 5 YouTube social experiment shows just how easy it is to kidnap a child
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: At SThree, we like to be differe...
£20k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Digital Account Exec ...
£20000 - £22500 per annum + OTE £30K: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: At SThree, we like to be differe...