Thursday 31 January 2013
Important questions for budding self-starters to ask themselves, suggested by Dr Malcolm Parry, director of the Surrey Research Park at the University of Surrey.
• Where does your unique expertise lie? What are your skills?
• What initial tests and research have you done?
• What is the problem that this technology/product/service solves?
• Why does it solve the problem better than other options already on the market?
• What is the compelling need for this solution?
• Who are your customers, how many of them are there and how will you reach them?
• What is the proposed price (how have you decided this), and can your technology/product/service actually make money?
• Does the business idea offer a long-term advantage that will stand the test of time and other changes in the market?
“Have a go!” says Parry. “Think of an idea that solves a personal or business problem and test it against the kind of questions that investors will ask.”
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how the internet reacted
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
£140 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS2 Supply Teacher r...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1 Teacher required,...
£140 - £160 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1&2 Supply Te...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...