10 tips for Clearing
Some great Clearing tips to ease your mind at a stressful time
Tuesday 12 August 2008
- Get back in exam mode: swot up on alternative courses before results day
- If you didn’t nominate an intermediary on your Ucas application form, be around to make calls yourself
- Before phoning anyone, visit Track on the Ucas website to make sure you need to enter Clearing – you may still get your place
- If not, don’t panic! Other courses may accept your grades
- The most up-to-date course information will be on university websites
- Try to make important calls yourself. Before committing to a three-year course you need to be certain it’s the right one
- Avoid jumping at the first offer. Universities are as keen to fill places as you are to find one, so ask for time to consider
- Have all your paperwork to hand whenever you ring anyone
- Mull over all the options – you could re-sit, or take a year out
- Remember you’re not alone. Clearing places nearly 40,000 people a year
20 celebrity degrees you'd never suspect
Oxford's students of colour speak out in powerful 'I, too, am Oxford' campaign
Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
The 20 best things to do this summer 2013
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 2 Rachel Canning: US teenager returns home after she tried to sue her parents for child support
- 3 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 4 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor
£1000 per month: Inspiring Interns: This company is one of the top two gaming ...
£100 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Nottingham: Long term teacher job in a...
£95 - £120 per day + Excellent Pay rates, job stability & expenses. : Randstad...
Main teacher pay scale : Randstad Education Leeds: Teacher of Creative Art and...