10 tips for Clearing
Some great Clearing tips to ease your mind at a stressful time
Tuesday 12 August 2008
- Get back in exam mode: swot up on alternative courses before results day
- If you didn’t nominate an intermediary on your Ucas application form, be around to make calls yourself
- Before phoning anyone, visit Track on the Ucas website to make sure you need to enter Clearing – you may still get your place
- If not, don’t panic! Other courses may accept your grades
- The most up-to-date course information will be on university websites
- Try to make important calls yourself. Before committing to a three-year course you need to be certain it’s the right one
- Avoid jumping at the first offer. Universities are as keen to fill places as you are to find one, so ask for time to consider
- Have all your paperwork to hand whenever you ring anyone
- Mull over all the options – you could re-sit, or take a year out
- Remember you’re not alone. Clearing places nearly 40,000 people a year
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: We have an exciting role f...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: We have a key stage 2 cla...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Does a year 6 class of 16 ...
£21588 - £36756 per annum + negotiable: Randstad Education Chelmsford: ICT/Com...