10 tips for Clearing
Some great Clearing tips to ease your mind at a stressful time
Tuesday 12 August 2008
- Get back in exam mode: swot up on alternative courses before results day
- If you didn’t nominate an intermediary on your Ucas application form, be around to make calls yourself
- Before phoning anyone, visit Track on the Ucas website to make sure you need to enter Clearing – you may still get your place
- If not, don’t panic! Other courses may accept your grades
- The most up-to-date course information will be on university websites
- Try to make important calls yourself. Before committing to a three-year course you need to be certain it’s the right one
- Avoid jumping at the first offer. Universities are as keen to fill places as you are to find one, so ask for time to consider
- Have all your paperwork to hand whenever you ring anyone
- Mull over all the options – you could re-sit, or take a year out
- Remember you’re not alone. Clearing places nearly 40,000 people a year
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K YR1: SThree: At SThree, we like to be dif...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you a recent graduate loo...
£16 - 20k: Guru Careers: A Graduate Editor / Editorial Assistant is needed to ...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...