TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Who can enter?
- Registered undergraduate students of participating universities who are aged between 18 and 39 may enter the iQuiz.
- Student Brand Ambassadors (SBA), Quizmasters and employees of Independent Print Limited (IPL) and Topdeck Travel are not eligible. Neither are immediate family members of the foregoing.
- There is no fee for entry into the iQuiz.
- Teams of four people can register for the iQuiz.
- Each entrant must sign the team registration form.
- By entering the iQuiz, participants agree that: (i) they may be filmed and/or photographed; (ii) their name, image and likeness being used by IPL and its affiliates in perpetuity in any media, including web-based social media platforms, in connection with the promotion and operation of the iQuiz (including the prizes thereof); and (iii) they will give their full co-operation to all requests from IPL in connection with publicity for the iQuiz.
- The first stage of the iQuiz will take place in the evening of 19 November 2013.
- The cost of travel to and from the venue, food, drink and any other expenses will not be reimbursed.
- No fewer than six teams must participate at each venue.
- The SBA is entitled to impose a maximum number of teams depending on the venue size and other factors.
- Where possible, the first stage will commence no later than 8pm.
Qualification for the final
- The team with the highest score at each participating university will qualify for the final.
- The results of the first stage will be published in the i newspaper and website the following day.
- All four original members of the winning teams must attend. Any substitutions must be approved by IPL in advance.
- The final will take place in February 2014. The venue will be confirmed to the winning teams by 20 December 2013.
- IPL will arrange: (a) travel to and from the final; and (b) one night of local accommodation, for those who live more than one hour from the venue. If you think you will have problems attending the final, you should discuss this with IPL at least ten days in advance.
- The cost of food and drink and any other expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Scores from the first stage will not be carried forward to the final.
- The results of the final will be published in the i newspaper and website the following day.
iQuiz rules for first stage and final
- All four team members must attend.
- There will be five rounds consisting of ten questions each.
- Each team must be seated at a separate table within the venue.
- The Quizmaster will:
- ask each question twice, exactly as written on the sheets provided;
- not provide any hints or alternative questions;
- allow a reasonable time for teams to consider each question (normally up to one minute);
- keep all answer sheets provided by IPL strictly confidential and allow only non-participants who are supporting the Quizmaster in marking to see them;
- be responsible for checking all the responses provided by entrants against the answer sheets provided by IPL (and may use others to assist him in this task, provided they are not participating in the iQuiz);
- announce (i) the updated scores after the end of each round of questions; and (ii) the final scores and winning team at the end of all questions;
- report the results back to IPL by telephone at the end of the first stage;
- oversee any tie-breaker question in accordance with IPL’s instructions;
- operate the iQuiz in a fair and reasonable way; and
- be entitled to disqualify any team that the Quizmaster feels (in his or her discretion) is acting in a disruptive way, cheating or breaking any of these rules.
- iQuiz participants may not at any time:
- confer with anyone who is not a member of their team;
- consult any source of information beyond what is known to them already;
- use any telephone, computer or mobile device.
- Each team must record their answers legibly on the sheets provided. These sheets must be handed to the Quizmaster at the end of each round for marking.
- Each correct answer will receive 2 points per correct question. Some questions may be broken in two parts and will receive 1 point per correct part; the Quizmaster will advise if this is the case when the relevant question is read out.
- Illegible answers (as determined by the Quizmaster) will not receive any points.
Prize for four winners of the final
- The Prize will be supplied by Topdeck Travel and consists of four places on a ‘European Wonder’ 14-day trip.
- For more information, visit topdeck.travel
- This includes the following components for each of the four winners:
- Accommodation in the Topdeck pick-up hostel ‘Clink’ nr Kings Cross London, the night before the trip if required
- Paris 'City Lights' Tour
- Paris Gourmet Picnic beside the Eiffel Tower
- Leather demonstration in Florence
- Local guide in Florence
- Dutch cheese and clogs demonstration
- Bicycle tour of Amsterdam
- Farewell dinner in Amsterdam
- Vaporetto ride on Grand Canal, Venice
- Stay in a 12th Century German castle or fortress
- 13 breakfasts (B), 6 lunches (L), 11 dinners (D) (£195 food fund)
- 5 nights in hostels, 6 nights in bungalows, 1 night in an Austrian Gasthof, 1 night in a 12th century German castle or fortress
- English Channel ferry crossings
- Sightseeing tours of all major cities
- Escorted services of a fully trained Trip Leader and Driver plus the services of On Site Chefs in the Swiss Alps, Rome and Venice
- The prize excludes:
- All other meals
- Spending money
- Transfers to/from London
- The prize is subject to availability and specific dates may not be available. In the unlikely event that all the dates requested by the winners are unavailable, Topdeck Travel will offer the winners an equivalent European trip within the same booking period.
- IPL may cancel or postpone the quiz in one or all locations.
- IPL may request evidence to verify the eligibility of participants/winners.
- IPL may remove certain questions and answers (and the corresponding scores) from the iQuiz at any time (including after the first stage has completed).
- IPL has the final say on all matters relating to the operation of the iQuiz.
- IPL has no liability for the operation of the iQuiz at individual sites nor for any incorrect information included on the answer sheets.
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
iJobs Money & Business
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...
Up to £100k or £450p/d: Saxton Leigh: My client is a leading commodities tradi...
£320 - £330 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
To £75,000 + Pension + Benefits + Bonus: Saxton Leigh: My client is looking f...