'A generation of young people will never vote Conservative or Lib Dem because of this Government': Introducing the first i student debate in Cardiff
Agree? Disagree? This is your chance to have a say - right in front of the editors of i and The Independent
It's safe to say that the Liberal Democrats lost a lot of support amongst students and young people when they went back on their pre-election promise to oppose tuition fees.
The Conservatives, too, have arguably pursued policies that have harmed Britain's youth. But do you agree?
Well, now you can have your chance to have your say, in the first ever i student debate in Cardiff - in the company of the editors of The Independent, Independent on Sunday and i, alongside a whole host of other journalists.
Join Amol Rajan, Lisa Markwell, Oliver Duff, Ben Chu and Toni Pearce - the president of the NUS - at the National Museum in Cardiff on Tuesday 28 January for a debate about politics and the engagement amongst students. And after that, there'll be a meet and greet between the audience and more than a dozen of The Independent and i's most senior journalists.
For more information, and to apply for tickets, click here
- Doors open – 5.45pm
- Debate – 6pm (will last approx. 90 mins)
- Reception and opportunity to chat with the panel and additional journalists – 7.15pm – 8.30pm.
- Oliver Duff, editor of i
- Amol Rajan, editor of The Independent
- Lisa Markwell, editor of The Independent on Sunday
- Ben Chu, economics editor, The Independent
- Toni Pearce, president of the NUS
Additional Independent journalists attending
- Rhodri Jones, deputy editor of i
- Rebecca Armstrong, features editor
- Sarah Arnott, deputy editor, voices
- Matt Gatward, deputy sports editor
- Charlie Cooper, health reporter
- Alex Fury, fashion editor
- Felicity Morse, social media editor
- Chloe Hamilton, editorial assistant
- Luke Blackall, diary editor
- Kim Sengupta, defence and diplomatic correspondent
- Simon Calder, travel correspondent
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 5 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
£18000 - £27000 per annum + doe OTE £45K: SThree: SThree are always looking fo...
£18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are a recent psychology graduate ...
£17000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Largest Independent Motor D...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Training Programme Manag...