'A generation of young people will never vote Conservative or Lib Dem because of this Government': Introducing the first i student debate in Cardiff
Agree? Disagree? This is your chance to have a say - right in front of the editors of i and The Independent
It's safe to say that the Liberal Democrats lost a lot of support amongst students and young people when they went back on their pre-election promise to oppose tuition fees.
The Conservatives, too, have arguably pursued policies that have harmed Britain's youth. But do you agree?
Well, now you can have your chance to have your say, in the first ever i student debate in Cardiff - in the company of the editors of The Independent, Independent on Sunday and i, alongside a whole host of other journalists.
Join Amol Rajan, Lisa Markwell, Oliver Duff, Ben Chu and Toni Pearce - the president of the NUS - at the National Museum in Cardiff on Tuesday 28 January for a debate about politics and the engagement amongst students. And after that, there'll be a meet and greet between the audience and more than a dozen of The Independent and i's most senior journalists.
For more information, and to apply for tickets, click here
- Doors open – 5.45pm
- Debate – 6pm (will last approx. 90 mins)
- Reception and opportunity to chat with the panel and additional journalists – 7.15pm – 8.30pm.
- Oliver Duff, editor of i
- Amol Rajan, editor of The Independent
- Lisa Markwell, editor of The Independent on Sunday
- Ben Chu, economics editor, The Independent
- Toni Pearce, president of the NUS
Additional Independent journalists attending
- Rhodri Jones, deputy editor of i
- Rebecca Armstrong, features editor
- Sarah Arnott, deputy editor, voices
- Matt Gatward, deputy sports editor
- Charlie Cooper, health reporter
- Alex Fury, fashion editor
- Felicity Morse, social media editor
- Chloe Hamilton, editorial assistant
- Luke Blackall, diary editor
- Kim Sengupta, defence and diplomatic correspondent
- Simon Calder, travel correspondent
20 celebrity degrees you'd never suspect
Oxford student who killed herself after breaking up with her boyfriend had been 'harassed' by a lecturer, inquest told
Pancake recipes on a budget: Easy, delicious pancakes you can cook on a student budget
Top 10 revision tips for your final (or first-year) exams
The 20 best things to do this summer 2013
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
£21558 - £31552 per annum + Plus TLR: Randstad Education Leeds: Assistant Curr...
£21588 - £31552 per day + Main Scale : Randstad Education Leeds: Teacher of Sc...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Randstad Education is urgently recr...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Randstad Education is the largest e...