Leading article: Research pays
Thursday 12 May 2005
Aberdeen University is certainly striking out on its own.
Aberdeen University is certainly striking out on its own. First it showed other universities the way to raise money American-style from alumni and major donors - and has built up an endowment of £100m as a result. Now it has launched a splashy advertising campaign to find 50 new PhD students. These researchers will be given an enticing £15,000 a year, a substantial outlay for the university. Aberdeen is not doing this to be nice to postgraduates. Like all universities it needs to improve its game and fight off the English institutions that are forever trying to poach its academic stars. Let's hope it succeeds.
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Fifa corruption: Europe plots to stage an 'alternative World Cup' in place of Russia 2018
- 3 How much sex should I be having?
- 4 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress
- 5 Betting company 'refuse to pay' after student wins £1,000 from 50p bet on Roger Federer
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Cloud ERP Solution Provide...
£18 - 20k: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Junior Designer / Design Graduate to...
£20 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Software Develop...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K YR1: SThree: At SThree, we like to be dif...