Association of MBAs announces new chief executive
Andrew Main Wilson is to be the new chief executive of AMBA, it has been announced on the first day of the Association's conference in Poland.
Main Wilson, who was formerly the COO of the Institute of Directors, has been brought in to 'guide [AMBA's] next phase of growth'. His tenure will begin on 5 August.
Of the appointment, Chris Russell, chairman of AMBA’s board of trustees, said he was 'delighted to appoint Andrew Main Wilson'.
"He has a wealth of experience in membership, management education and employer engagement, which are the three strategic priorities key to AMBA’s international growth. We are confident he is the right person to lead us through our next phase of development,” he said.
The new CEO was introduced to deans and directors from the world's leading business schools this morning, at AMBA's annual conference in Warsaw.
“AMBA is a truly global business organisation with enormous potential for further growth which is why I am very excited to join as Chief Executive,” he said.
“Operating as both an accreditation and membership organisation, AMBA is unique in the postgraduate management field, as it brings together the business leaders of tomorrow with the thought leaders of today.”
Main Wilson’s experience includes 16 years with the Institute of Directors (IoD). Before joining the IoD he was marketing and commercial director of Thomas Cook and sales and marketing director of Citibank Diners Club.
- 1 Cecil the lion: Dentist Walter Palmer blames local guides in Zimbabwe for the scandal
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
£65 - £75 per day + competitive rates: AER Teachers: This central London prima...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you a recent graduate loo...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £35K: SThree: At SThree, we like to be differe...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: At SThree, we like to be differe...