How to survive freshers' week
10 tips on how to make friends and your money last during your first week at uni
Wednesday 13 August 2008
- Don’t feel you have to go out partying every single night of the week
- Keep your door open: nights in your room with friends can be fun and cheap
- Try to spend at least some time getting yourself organised for when term starts
- Take care of your health: eat and sleep as regularly as possible, and join a sports society or the gym
- Don’t jump into intense friendships – you could spend more time trying to lose friends than meeting people
- When you go out at night, take a set amount of money with you – and stick to it
- Don’t try to win friends with money – are those the kind of people you want to hang out with?
- Think about what you’re spending: do you need to join every society? Do you need a TV?
- Find the cheapest places to eat and drink
- Don’t lose sleep over money – be sensible, but don’t hold back. University’s not always this eventful
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
- 1 Dentist who illegally killed Cecil the lion blames local guides for the scandal
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: American dentist revealed as the killer of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe
£65 - £75 per day + competitive rates: AER Teachers: This central London prima...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you a recent graduate loo...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £35K: SThree: At SThree, we like to be differe...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: At SThree, we like to be differe...