How to survive freshers' week
10 tips on how to make friends and your money last during your first week at uni
Wednesday 13 August 2008
- Don’t feel you have to go out partying every single night of the week
- Keep your door open: nights in your room with friends can be fun and cheap
- Try to spend at least some time getting yourself organised for when term starts
- Take care of your health: eat and sleep as regularly as possible, and join a sports society or the gym
- Don’t jump into intense friendships – you could spend more time trying to lose friends than meeting people
- When you go out at night, take a set amount of money with you – and stick to it
- Don’t try to win friends with money – are those the kind of people you want to hang out with?
- Think about what you’re spending: do you need to join every society? Do you need a TV?
- Find the cheapest places to eat and drink
- Don’t lose sleep over money – be sensible, but don’t hold back. University’s not always this eventful
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
20 celebrity degrees you'd never suspect
It’s happening: George Osborne admits Tories will privatise student loans
'Lad culture' consultation finds women afraid to visit their university library for fear of appearing on Facebook 'spotted' pages
Multiple arrests as hundreds of student protesters clash with police in central London
Oxford University stunned as 'joke candidate' is elected student union president
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...
£22000 - £38000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Senior Teacher i/c Yea...