How to survive freshers' week
10 tips on how to make friends and your money last during your first week at uni
Wednesday 13 August 2008
- Don’t feel you have to go out partying every single night of the week
- Keep your door open: nights in your room with friends can be fun and cheap
- Try to spend at least some time getting yourself organised for when term starts
- Take care of your health: eat and sleep as regularly as possible, and join a sports society or the gym
- Don’t jump into intense friendships – you could spend more time trying to lose friends than meeting people
- When you go out at night, take a set amount of money with you – and stick to it
- Don’t try to win friends with money – are those the kind of people you want to hang out with?
- Think about what you’re spending: do you need to join every society? Do you need a TV?
- Find the cheapest places to eat and drink
- Don’t lose sleep over money – be sensible, but don’t hold back. University’s not always this eventful
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Trade Desk Specialist (FIX, Linux, Windows...
£23000 per annum: Harrington Starr: First Class Graduate (Computer Science, Ec...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Liverpool: We are looking for someone who can t...