New South Wales, University of
Sydney, Canberra, Australia
Monday 08 March 2010
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) is Australia’s first international university attracting outstanding scholars and students from around the world. UNSW was established in 1949 and has been receiving international students since 1951. Currently, of the 44,000 students studying at UNSW, more than 9,900 are international students from over 135 countries.
UNSW is a comprehensive teaching and research university with international recognition in photovoltaics, solar energy, quantum computing, interactive cinema and HIV/Aids research. A foundation member of the Group of Eight leading research universities in Australia, UNSW is also one of only three Australian institutions in the prestigious Universitas 21, a consortium of 17 leading universities in 10 countries.
UNSW is highly regarded in the international academic community. It consistently scores highly in a range of national and international rankings including the following:
* 47th in the world overall in the 2009 Times Higher Education - QS World University Rankings
* top 100 global universities in Newsweek and Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities
* 1st in Australia and 36th in the world for the UNSW AGSM MBA in the 2010 Financial Times (UK) Ranking of MBA Programs
* Consistently ranked as one of the leading Engineering faculties in Australia
UNSW offers a wide range of degree programs, pre-university/foundation studies and English language courses. More than 900 degree programs are available at UNSW, ranging from undergraduate programs to postgraduate coursework programs and postgraduate research programs. Programs are offered through the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Australian School of Business, the Built Environment, College of Fine Arts, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Science and UNSW@ADFA, at the Australian Defence Force Academy, Canberra.
In 2009, UNSW celebrated 60 years as one of Australia’s foremost international research intensive universities and as the university of choice for over 200,000 graduates.
Contact for further information
UNSW International Office
University of New South Wales
Sydney NSW 2052, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9385 6996; Fax: +61 2 9385 9907
CRICOS Provide Code: 00098G
Britain First criticised for using actress's memory to draw attention to their 'hate-filled home page'
Emergency call 'started off dumb, but got pretty serious'
Greatest mystery about the hit BBC1 show is how it continues to be made at all, writes Grace Dent
"History is violent," says the US Army tank commander Don "Wardaddy" Collier
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
£7 - £8 per hour: Randstad Education Leeds: Nursery Nurse Leeds November start...
£60 - £65 per day + plus free travel scheme: Randstad Education Cardiff: The J...
£100 - £181 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: The JobTo plan and deliver all ...
£50 - £60 per day + plus free travel scheme: Randstad Education Cardiff: The J...