Balenciaga's spring/summer 2014 show plays out to thumping, bass-heavy and very, very loud beats... but only after four outfits
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 21 July 2013
Although its not quite a return to the logo-laden days of old, stylised prints and artistic emblems are now selling like hot cakes, says Naomi Attwood
Tuesday 25 June 2013
Forget Flamenco, this season those ruffles have been given a modern makeover, says Rebecca Gonsalves
Saturday 01 June 2013
We've all had wardrobe disasters. Few of us, however, retire to our room for three days to recover. But few of us are Mona von Bismarck, who did just that when, in 1968, the great Cristóbal Balenciaga closed his couture house with the declaration that there was no one left to dress.
Sunday 24 March 2013
In the eighteenth century, the great British export was style. French aristocrats saw Britain as a land of freedom and adopted our stout, hardy wool and tweed country squire attire as a badge of allegiance to the Rousseau-ean rusticity and democracy embodied here.
Monday 10 December 2012
Whether patterned or plain, it's time to say pants to party dresses, says Rebecca Gonsalves
Friday 23 November 2012
Main image: skull umbrella, £185, Liberty
Monday 12 November 2012
Monday 05 November 2012
Designer Nicholas Ghesquiere is to leave his post as creative director at Balenciaga.
Monday 29 October 2012
It's always difficult, stepping into someone else's shoes – especially when you have high arches. And it's even more difficult when those shoes have been worn for so long and with such panache by their previous owner.
Monday 22 October 2012
What does the Independent woman wear?
Thursday 11 October 2012
There's a futuristic alternative to a golden glow this season. Just don't think of it as a runner-up in the fashion stakes, says Gemma Hayward
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant