Warning that international business is being put off the UK by red tape and tax
Clifford Chance LLP
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 01 October 2012
A new legal giant emerges today as London-based Herbert Smith and Australian group Freehills start formally trading under the same banner.
Thursday 24 May 2012
The Rugby Football Union and its top professional clubs were contemplating the hazardous traverse of a legal minefield yesterday after informing London Welsh that they had failed to meet promotion criteria and would not be admitted to next season's Premiership, even if they succeed in beating Cornish Pirates in a two-leg Championship final that kicked off in Penzance last night. The Exiles, who had nominated the Kassam Stadium in Oxford as their home for 2012-13, spoke of their "grave disappointment" and hinted strongly at the possibility of court proceedings.
Thursday 10 November 2011
James Murdoch is being prepped by a litigation specialist to help explain why he failed to tell MPs of discussions he had with the News of the World editor on the "options" they faced over phone hacking.
Saturday 03 September 2011
PR firms and lawyers campaign without revealing clients' identity
Tuesday 09 August 2011
Thursday 21 April 2011
The Press Complaints Commission has named Lord Grade, the former BBC chairman, as one of its new commissioners.
Sunday 07 November 2010
Saturday 30 October 2010
Monday 30 August 2010
Despite the recession causing a fall in the combined billing fees of the UK's 100 biggest law firms for the first time in nearly 20 years, top lawyers are earning more than ever.
Thursday 29 April 2010
Gartmore, the investment group, yesterday reinstated Guillaume Rambourg, the fund manager it suspended last month.
Friday 29 January 2010
Wednesday 16 December 2009
The unanimous judgment by the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg that an order to hand over a journalistic document infringed the media's right to free expression is a reminder that media freedoms are about more than a balanced defamation law.
Tuesday 10 November 2009
Tuesday 28 July 2009
England will host the 2015 Rugby World Cup, the International Rugby Board have announced.
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf