Commercial stations and the BBC expected to confirm the switchover to digital services, 40 years after Britain’s first independent station opened
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 23 September 2013
Preston’s under-threat brutalist bus station has been given Grade II-listed status by the Government.
Thursday 01 August 2013
The Government has stepped in to stop US singer Kelly Clarkson taking a gold and turquoise ring once owned by Jane Austen out of the country.
Friday 03 May 2013
The historic aircraft was shot down 72 years ago during the Battle of Britain
Wednesday 06 February 2013
The Government has temporarily blocked two rare George Stubbs paintings from leaving the country, although £5.5m needs to be raised by August to keep them in the UK permanently.
Sunday 11 November 2012
Millions expected to suffer from interference
Wednesday 08 August 2012
A portrait by French painter Edouard Manet has been saved for the nation after an eight-month campaign raised almost £8 million to buy it.
Thursday 19 July 2012
Correspondence between Apsley Cherry-Garrard and mother reveals death of polar explorers was 'not a painful one'
Monday 21 May 2012
Jeremy Hunt is facing a Parliamentary inquiry into claims that he failed to register thousands of pounds worth of corporate hospitality from media firms.
Thursday 10 May 2012
Video games are to be governed by a simpler and stronger age-rating system under new proposals, the Government said today.
Tuesday 03 April 2012
The national roll-out of ‘Big Society’ libraries could be halted after the High Court ruled that a county council's decision to hand-over 10 libraries to volunteers was unlawful.
Friday 30 March 2012
The Budget clampdown on tax relief for charitable donations has had a disastrous effect on philanthropy
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail