The pianist, composer Cedar Walton has been known to jazz audiences for over five decades, and is likely to be remembered as an exemplar for fellow musicians, rather than a populist hero. But his association with the group of Art Blakey, and a briefer one with John Coltrane, gave him the necessary background for a successful career as a bandleader in his own right.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 02 July 2013
Paul Smith, a jazz pianist, composer and arranger who worked with such greats as Bing Crosby, Nat "King" Cole and Dizzy Gillespie, has died at 91.
Friday 26 April 2013
'Pino Palladino is the funkiest Welshman in history'
'Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead' closer to number one spot as it reaches top five following Margaret Thatcher's death
Wednesday 10 April 2013
Lady Thatcher’s death could propel The Wizard Of Oz track "Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead to the top of the charts.
Friday 05 April 2013
Funny and feisty, the transatlantic Englishwoman stars in this antidote to middle-aged blues
Monday 03 December 2012
Among the prodigal polymath musicians of the Wainwright-McGarrigle clan, Martha seems destined to come second to her brother Rufus.Among the prodigal polymath musicians of the Wainwright-McGarrigle clan, Martha seems destined to come second to her brother Rufus.
Monday 12 November 2012
London Jazz Festival
Saturday 07 July 2012
'Mitch Mitchell wasn't the most accurate drummer ever, but he had that swing...'
Friday 29 July 2011
Friday 24 June 2011
Saturday 08 January 2011
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding