A high time with the eco-terrorists
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 15 February 2013
Woody Allen DVD/ Blu-ray (112mins)
Friday 16 December 2011
Madonna has signed a new record deal with Universal that could see her releasing albums past the age of 60.
Friday 29 July 2011
You can see what James Gunn wanted to do with his vigilante "comedy". In a movie world dominated by Hollywood superheroes, he's turned his satirical eyebeams on what might happen if some schmo (Rainn Wilson) donned a lurid outfit and took justice into his own hands.
Sunday 20 March 2011
Sunday 05 December 2010
Christopher Nolan's Inception is that rare thing, a science-fiction blockbuster that isn't based on a comic or a videogame, but on the writer-director's own bracingly brainy, swaggeringly ambitious, uncompromising ideas.
Friday 03 December 2010
An impressively imagined, complicated turn through a Borgesian skein of nightmares, Christopher Nolan's latest mind-meld involves a team of adventurers venturing into people's dreams in order to plant ideas in people's heads. Sound complicated? It is, but Nolan manages to drip-feed exposition to make such conceits digestible.
Sunday 15 August 2010
A Texan schoolgirl (Ellen Page) finds fulfilment by taking up the underground, all-female sport of roller derby, without telling her strict mother (Marcia Gay Harden).
Friday 13 August 2010
This film is like a woolly Christmas jumper. It's warm, inviting and has no pretensions to sophistication.
Sunday 18 July 2010
Friday 16 July 2010
Christopher Nolan's Inception, like Pixar, works at the cutting edge of technological sophistication.
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do