From phone-in votes to choose foster parents to game shows where vital organs are the prize, the latest reality shows from the country that gave us Big Brother, pictured, are more extreme than ever
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 21 July 2008
Friday 06 June 2008
Tonight, for the ninth year in a row, the presenter Davina McCall will bound enthusiastically on to our television screens to unveil this year's Big Brother contestants, including a Muslim convert, a Thai Buddhist and a reformed gangster who was deported from America.
Friday 22 February 2008
A London-based television executive is facing four years in jail after an amount of cannabis weighing less than a grain of sugar was found in his bag at Dubai airport.
Wednesday 24 May 2006
Friday 12 August 2005
Friday 12 August 2005
Monday 28 March 2005
Wednesday 12 January 2005
Thursday 28 October 2004
Endemol, the television production company behind Big Brother, Ready Steady Cook and Ground Force, has received a €2bn (£1.4bn) takeover bid from the American media giant Time Warner.
Tuesday 19 October 2004
Friday 30 January 2004
Tuesday 17 June 2003
Friday 23 May 2003
Saturday 01 March 2003
Sunday 07 May 2000
Matt Smith is set to join cast of Jane Austen classic - with a twist
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 'Necrophilia-obsessed' girl among double murder accused in three-way sex case
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve