With all four English sides reaching the knockout stages, we look at who each team could face in the next round
FC Zenit St. Petersburg
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 19 January 2008
He is still not 19 until March but Theo Walcott has not made the progress expected of him when he joined Arsenal. The second anniversary of that astonishing £12m move from Southampton – £5m down, the rest in performance-related instalments – falls tomorrow, but he will not be in the Arsenal squad that faces Fulham in the league this afternoon. Instead Walcott will be at the training ground preparing for next week's League Cup semi-final second leg, very much the most junior competition in the club's priorities.
Saturday 12 January 2008
For Rafael Benitez, a reason to be cheerful after another highly charged week. Martin Skrtel – unveiled by Liverpool as their most costly defender yesterday and immediately compared by Benitez by Jamie Carragher – revealed he had turned down a move to Everton after hearing of their neighbours' interest.
Tuesday 08 January 2008
The American owners of Liverpool may have relented last night to allow Rafael Benitez a new signing this transfer window but with Martin Skrtel set to arrive from Zenit St Petersburg for 6.5m, the more crucial talks take place in New York today.
Monday 23 January 2006
Wednesday 05 October 2005
Thursday 19 November 1998
Monday 30 May 1994
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white