At the end of Blam! the audience catapulted themselves to their feet as one and applauded wildly in a riotous standing ovation. Every festival has one totally unexpected hit and at Edinburgh 2013 it is Blam!.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 14 November 2010
Though the band photo on the back clearly depicts assorted members of Daisy Chainsaw and QueenAdreena, the aliases they adopt in the booklet – and the absence of references to the past in the press release – suggest the Dogbones wish to be appreciated on their own merits.
Thursday 01 October 2009
Sunday 03 May 2009
The reunited proto-punk legends are now on their second album of new material since their Morrissey-inspired comeback. The first, 2006's One Day It Will Please Us..., was better than it had any right to be.
Friday 01 May 2009
Despite an attrition rate that has seen the band's founding members reduced to just singer David Johansen and guitarist Sylvain Sylvain, the New York Dolls are on pretty good form here, with both snarling guitars and snotty attitude in full effect on the opening title-track.
<a href="http://blogs.independent.co.uk/independent/2008/10/tehranologist-p.html">Tehranologist: Paradise Lost</a>
Wednesday 22 October 2008
The northern part of the country, where the Caspian hails the land, is a leafy paradise. In autumn it turns to a gallery of warm colours: yellows and oranges and reds and browns, with the Chaloos Road at the centre of that beauty.
Sunday 02 October 2005
Monday 04 July 2005
Monday 25 October 2004
Sunday 17 October 2004
Friday 18 June 2004
Wednesday 18 February 2004
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial