The spirit of Carry On pervades this limp sex comedy, which centres on the invention of the vibrator in Victorian London.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 05 August 2011
Following in the footsteps of The Tudors and Spartacus comes Camelot, another high-profile, high-budget quasi-historical drama (with added fantasy, in this instance).
Friday 12 November 2010
Back in the dark ages, Noel Edmonds and his pink pal Blobby ruled Saturday evening TV.
Friday 19 February 2010
Adam has Asperger's, a high-functioning form of autism. He's also got a new neighbour, Beth.
GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Stephen Sommers, 107 mins, (12A)<br/>The Ugly Truth, Robert Luketic, 96 mins, (15)<br/>Adam, Max Mayer, 101 mins, (12A)
Sunday 09 August 2009
Friday 07 August 2009
Wednesday 25 February 2009
Do chick flicks make you smile or do they make your blood boil? The next film up for discussion in The Independent Film Forum is Confessions of a Shopaholic. Did your heart warm to Isla Fisher's ditsy performance? Is Hugh Dancy the next Hugh Grant? Is this enjoyable escapism or mindless misogyny? Air your views in the comment section below and we'll print the best of your comments in the newspaper next week.
Tuesday 24 February 2009
Mindless escapism or mindless misogyny? Our readers discuss Confessions of a Shopaholic.
Wednesday 28 April 1999
Saturday 27 June 1998
Sunday 26 November 1995
Wednesday 22 March 1995
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 Greggs Google fail: bakery falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
- 3 Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations