The promise of London 2012 wasn’t just to ‘inspire a generation’. It was also about 'regeneration' – through a combination of infrastructure, housing and sporting facilities. Emily Dugan catches up with the afterlife of the main Olympic venues
Isle Of Dogs
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 11 April 2013
Outlook Love her, loathe her, or just plain sick of hearing about her, the death of Margaret Thatcher should have at least focused the spotlight on one of her greatest enemies this week: Lord Heseltine.
Saturday 25 August 2012
A tunnel under the River Thames had to be shut after seven pedestrians were taken ill following reports of an “unusual smell”.
Friday 23 March 2012
A former Russian banker is in a critical condition in hospital after being shot several times in London.
Thursday 19 January 2012
London's centre of gravity is making another move to the east as the booming Docklands location is set to expand again, writes Russell Lynch
Thursday 18 August 2011
Many argue that the jobs created are simply displaced from other areas, and that costs outweigh the benefits
Wednesday 09 December 2009
A man was jailed for life today for killing his mother because she would not move out of the family home.
Thursday 27 August 2009
The bitter and bloody rivalry between West Ham and Millwall supporters is one of the oldest, most intense feuds in the history of British football.
Monday 27 July 2009
Tuesday 26 May 2009
Friday 16 January 2009
Wednesday 24 December 2008
A £16 billion rail project received a welcome boost today when a deal to build one of the link's new stations was reached.
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 3 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white