The unusually large band of 148 new Tory MPs elected in 2010 are very much 'Thatcher’s children'
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 08 June 2012
David Cameron, George Osborne, Nick Clegg and Gordon Brown are among a string of major political figures due to appear before the Leveson Inquiry next week.
Sunday 04 March 2012
Friday 26 June 2009
Tuesday 23 June 2009
The chairman of the Iraq war inquiry has told Gordon Brown it is "essential" that as much of the hearing as possible should be in public.
Sunday 21 June 2009
Friday 19 June 2009
Sunday 14 September 2008
The son of the former prime minister Sir John Major accused his ex-wife of making "wholly false and hurtful allegations" last night after she publicly claimed that his parents were ignoring their autistic eight-year-old grandson, Harry.
Saturday 07 June 2008
Gordon Brown will spend this weekend telephoning Labour MPs to rally support for the extension of pre-charge detention to 42 days in next Wednesday's crucial Commons vote.
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 3 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Exclusive: Woolwich killings suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.