Following the confirmation of his move to MLS side Toronto FC, Defoe brings to an end a somewhat unfulfilled partnership with Spurs that often saw him - rightly or wrongly - overlooked
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunderland v Manchester United: Gus Poyet tells Sunderland to stop Jekyll and Hyde act and seize big chance in Capital One Cup
Tuesday 07 January 2014
Gus Poyet slowly rolled the fingers of his left hand into a fist. “When the opportunity to play in a cup final comes along, you must grasp it,” he said. At least when it comes to cup football, the players he took over in October have listened.
Tuesday 17 December 2013
Villas-Boas sent packing by Spurs after dismal display
Monday 16 December 2013
Draw for the last 32 has taken place in Nyon
Harry Redknapp 'tried to get rid of Gareth Bale' during his time at Tottenham, claims Damien Comolli
Tuesday 26 November 2013
The former director of football has revealed he expected to stay at White Hart Lane for life
Tuesday 10 September 2013
Two insular football nations face off in Kiev today with foreign-based talent at a premium
Gus Poyet accuses Brighton of a lack of 'respect' and denies knew he was to be sacked by Championship club while he was live on air
Wednesday 17 July 2013
Uruguayan hopes to manage in the Premier League
Jesus Navas now ready for Manchester City life, says mentor Juande Ramos following transfer of Spain international
Wednesday 05 June 2013
Spaniard will thrive in Manchester, says former manager, as he loves to run with the ball
- Sir Alex on Rafael's sending off against Bayern Munich as United crashed out of the Champions League in 2010" title=" "The young boy showed a bit of inexperience but they got him sent off, everyone sprinted towards the referee - typical Germans."
- Sir Alex on Rafael's sending off against Bayern Munich as United crashed out of the Champions League in 2010" width="80" height="80" onclick="location.href='http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-greatest-rants-of-sir-alex-ferguson-1762707.html';" class="" />
Wednesday 08 May 2013
The 71-year-old has announced he is to retire
Saturday 15 December 2012
The Weekend Dossier
Monday 20 February 2012
Everton 2 Blackpool 0
Sunday 22 January 2012
Canny spending, sound management and expansive play are changing the pecking order in the north-west and north London
Sunday 06 November 2011
Jol and Fulham's former Tottenham contingent are keen to show their north London neighbours what they might be missing
Tuesday 01 November 2011
Is it because our top flight has the world's finest strikers at the top of their game? Or has the art of defending been lost? Is it new laws? Or is it because everyone is trying to copy Barcelona?
Monday 31 October 2011
It had to happen sooner or later. La Liga minnows Levante finally lost their first game of the season yesterday, 2-0 at Osasuna , ending their run of seven successive league wins, surrendering their position at the top of the table to Real Madrid, who battled to a 1-0 victory away at Real Sociedad on Saturday.
Sunday 30 October 2011
Sam Baldock scored twice for the second consecutive home match as West Ham United, second in the Championship, won 3-2 against a Leicester City adjusting to life after Sven Goran Eriksson. Baldock headed in his first after 21 minutes, and a minute later Julien Faubert fired in the second. Andy King reduced the deficit before Baldock struck again. King hit back after 74 minutes to set up a nervy finish. No word on a new Leicester appointment, but Kevin Keegan, Huddersfield's Lee Clark, Celtic's Neil Lennon, a former Fox, Mark Hughes, and, perhaps more fancifully, Rafael Benitez and Carlo Ancelotti have been mentioned.
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 5 Medina: Saudis take a bulldozer to Islam's history