Winston Churchill's ability to lift the spirits of the British people in times of adversity were neatly balanced with a sparkling line in withering put-downs
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 15 September 1997
Friday 15 August 1997
Thursday 14 August 1997
Finding the number of the Dept of Culture, Media and Sport included the comment: `Oh, culture. I thought you said torture'
Saturday 09 August 1997
Thursday 07 August 1997
Monday 30 June 1997
Wednesday 04 June 1997
Monday 07 April 1997
Saturday 22 March 1997
Monday 10 February 1997
Sunday 26 January 1997
Tuesday 14 January 1997
Wednesday 08 January 1997
Sunday 01 September 1996
Friday 30 August 1996
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Natalie Portman tells Harvard graduates: 'Accept your lack of knowledge'
- 3 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 4 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity