Winston Churchill's ability to lift the spirits of the British people in times of adversity were neatly balanced with a sparkling line in withering put-downs
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 15 September 1997
Friday 15 August 1997
Thursday 14 August 1997
Finding the number of the Dept of Culture, Media and Sport included the comment: `Oh, culture. I thought you said torture'
Saturday 09 August 1997
Thursday 07 August 1997
Monday 30 June 1997
Wednesday 04 June 1997
Monday 07 April 1997
Saturday 22 March 1997
Monday 10 February 1997
Sunday 26 January 1997
Tuesday 14 January 1997
Wednesday 08 January 1997
Sunday 01 September 1996
Friday 30 August 1996
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Winnie the Pooh banned from Polish playground for being 'inappropriate hermaphrodite'