Vidya Charan Shukla, who died after being shot in an ambush by Maoist rebels, was a lifelong Indian politician who repeatedly changed parties to suit his fortunes. While he was steadfastly loyal to prime minister Indira Gandhi, his primary allegiance was to himself.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 24 November 2012
A mere 10 years after Sam Raimi's first perky Spider-Man film comes Marc Webb's efficient retread.
Friday 27 May 2011
Friday 13 May 2011
Monday 24 January 2011
Matt Damon thinks that psychics are "charlatans".
Thursday 22 April 2010
Friday 19 February 2010
You wait, with searing dread, for the most egregious romantic "comedy" ever to come along, and there's a smidgen of relief when it finally arrives.
Monday 28 December 2009
Friday 24 July 2009
Friday 19 December 2008
This pleasantish family animation recounts the tale of a large-eared mouse (voiced by Matthew Broderick) whose fearlessness confounds his family and gets him banished from the murine community, on the grounds that you can't be a proper mouse if you don't scurry and cower.
Thursday 31 January 2008
Saturday 05 February 2005
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Not all right on the night
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding