Whatever you think of the beehive-haired singing trio who star in the Sheila's Wheels pink Cadillac or the fictional Italian singer in Gio Compario, you've got admit that the insurance tycoon behind them, Peter Wood, is little short of a genius.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 23 January 2013
Visiting our writer's house, he came in his Suzuki. “I wouldn’t bring the Bentley to Crouch End, darling. I don’t know what they might do to it here", he said
Tuesday 22 January 2013
He stood uncompromisingly against political correctness, as those of us who heard him dismiss some of the best-loved people with a single word can attest.
Tuesday 08 May 2012
I have said previously that there are various tell-tale signs of getting older, like forgetting where you've put your spectacles, or finding automated ticket machines troublesome.
Sunday 16 October 2005
Tuesday 19 October 2004
Friday 24 September 2004
The company that publishes Michael Winner's autobiography, Winner Takes All, is being prepared for sale after a shortfall in revenues and margins.
Tuesday 17 June 2003
Sunday 09 March 2003
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory