Whatever you think of the beehive-haired singing trio who star in the Sheila's Wheels pink Cadillac or the fictional Italian singer in Gio Compario, you've got admit that the insurance tycoon behind them, Peter Wood, is little short of a genius.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 23 January 2013
Visiting our writer's house, he came in his Suzuki. “I wouldn’t bring the Bentley to Crouch End, darling. I don’t know what they might do to it here", he said
Tuesday 22 January 2013
He stood uncompromisingly against political correctness, as those of us who heard him dismiss some of the best-loved people with a single word can attest.
Tuesday 08 May 2012
I have said previously that there are various tell-tale signs of getting older, like forgetting where you've put your spectacles, or finding automated ticket machines troublesome.
Sunday 16 October 2005
Tuesday 19 October 2004
Friday 24 September 2004
The company that publishes Michael Winner's autobiography, Winner Takes All, is being prepared for sale after a shortfall in revenues and margins.
Tuesday 17 June 2003
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
David Cameron takes his biggest gamble yet as he gets tough on Europe over immigration
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 The publisher who played with fire: the battle for control of Larsson's £30m legacy
- 5 Police seize possessions of rough sleepers in crackdown on homelessness