This vinyl set will have you dusting down the Dansette player
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 23 November 2013
Monday 18 November 2013
The London Jazz Festival’s typically packed opening weekend finished with a bravura set from saxophonist Wayne Shorter, undiminished at 80, picking out space for solo revelation as the BBC Concert Orchestra gave his compositions classical heft. Jazz Voice, though, remains the festival’s curtain-raiser, dryly introduced by Victoria Wood and bringing together diverse singers over big band swing.
Sunday 17 November 2013
What it says on the box … a square cardboard container enclosing seven 7-inch singles of impeccable obscurity and desirability, most of which never met with release – the sound of young America as antique treasure.
Sunday 10 November 2013
Claudia O’Doherty is a Foster’s Award-nominated stand- up touring the UK as part of The Invisible Dot’s New Wave tour. She tells Charlotte Cripps about her current reading, watching and listening
Tuesday 24 September 2013
The X Factor winner could be singing songs by Madonna or Cyndi Lauper
Wednesday 18 September 2013
TeamRock Radio to feature half-hour exchange which took place just five days before great guitarist was found dead in 1970
Thursday 05 September 2013
Thousands of revellers will be boarding ferries today to join one of the last big parties of the summer at Bestival.
Friday 02 August 2013
'Billie Holiday just glides and floats over the chaos'
Friday 19 July 2013
Home to some of the most celebrated music of the past sixty years, Motor City has filed for bankruptcy
Tuesday 16 July 2013
Menier Chocolate Factory, London
Friday 05 July 2013
It sounds like a hoax but the protagonists behind it swear it's true: a super-sized version of Lionel Richie's head will be officially unveiled at Bestival this summer.
- 1 North Korea: Kim Jong Un 'sacks powerful uncle and has his aides executed'
- 2 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert