Five lives have been tragically lost during a routine drill in the port of Santa Cruz, but this sad event is an industrial accident, not a calamity threatening all on board.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 09 January 2013
A retired British businessman who has been sentenced to 33 months in an American prison for arms dealing offences faces a wait of months before learning when he can return to serve his sentence in Britain.
Friday 29 June 2012
Spain drew their highest-ever television audience during the semi-final penalty win over Portugal on Wednesday.
Saturday 31 October 2009
It's hard to choose the prettiest of the seven major Canary Islands, but La Palma has a strong claim in terms of nature walks, romantic hideaways and dramatic scenery. It also does well in the family-friendly hotel stakes, thanks in part to the mammoth Hotel La Palma Teneguia Princess and Spa.
Sunday 02 August 2009
Officials say strong winds are fanning forest fires for a second day on the Spanish Canary Island of La Palma.
Thursday 06 March 2008
Wednesday 18 February 2004
Saturday 30 August 1997
Monday 24 June 1996
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers