'Mushroom alcohol' can damage the nerve cells of the brain, say scientists
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 03 October 2013
Gases emitted by diesel engines mask floral odours that honeybees use to navigate
Wednesday 24 July 2013
Forensic tests revealed that the food contained toxic levels of a deadly pesticide
Saturday 20 July 2013
Holland Park's Donizetti is set on an industrial farm and its hero wears a boiler suit, but the warmth of the singing still melts hearts
Thursday 18 July 2013
Angry parents take to the streets after deadly outbreak of sickness at school in northern India
Tuesday 02 July 2013
More than a third of the world’s conifer species are threatened with extinction as a result of urbanisation, logging, disease and feral goats, according to an alarming new report.
Monday 01 July 2013
Britons bask in a (short) golden glow
Friday 28 June 2013
The Government is launching an “urgent and comprehensive” review of why bees are declining and what is being done to help them.
Thursday 13 June 2013
A third of Britain's honeybee colonies perished in the winter following the wettest summer in 100 years last year, according to a new survey.
Wednesday 05 June 2013
Leading UK scientists accused the Government of abusing science today after the EU strongly criticised the research it used to justify its position on the nerve agent pesticides widely linked to declining bee populations.
Friday 24 May 2013
German cockroaches evolved to avoid glucose-based baits in household bug killers
Thursday 02 May 2013
EU action on bees comes on top of huge losses and the coldest March for 50 years
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Not all right on the night
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding