Magda Goebbels is a woman almost as infamous as Medea, and for the same reason: she murdered her children. The wife of Joseph Goebbels, she poisoned her five daughters and one son, then herself, in Hitler's bunker in the final days of the Second World War. Meike Ziervogel's debut novel imagines her motivations in scenes involving Magda, her mother and eldest daughter Helge.
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more