Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 20 March 2010
A boy wearing skinny jeans is rattling the keys of a synthesiser and a lad with glasses is pounding the skins of a drum. In front of them, a 23-year-old cardigan-clad girl with her hair dyed platinum, raises her arms to the ceiling. The venue is the O2 Academy, the location, Glasgow, and Ellie Goulding is half-way through her sound check. Goulding is belting out the words to her recent single "Starry Eyed" – "Hit me with lightning," she sings, in a quivering, note-perfect voice. Watching from the sidelines are various members of Passion Pit and Little Death, two bands playing on the same bill later that day. One of them breaks into a mocking dance.
Friday 22 January 2010
Thursday 10 September 2009
Following his split from Heather Mills, Sir Paul McCartney accomplished that celebrity rare feat: coming out of a divorce smelling of roses.
Friday 19 June 2009
Tuesday 15 July 2008
Mamma Mia! The Movie has enjoyed the biggest film opening for a musical in the UK, a picture company said today.
Friday 21 May 1999
Thursday 25 March 1999
Monday 15 February 1999
Friday 16 June 1995
Tuesday 14 March 1995
Sunday 20 February 1994
Thursday 01 April 1993
Thursday 25 March 1993
ROCK / Taking it to the streets: Market researchers are being hired by record companies to give you what you want. Which is, apparently, Kylie Minogue, Neil Sedaka, Abba and the Shadows. Giles Smith investigates
Thursday 20 August 1992
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'